Certified Sex Therapist & Trainer
AASECT Certified Sex Therapist,
and Board Certified Sexologist with
the American College of Sexologists.
Molly Adler is the Director of Sex Therapy New Mexico.
She practices psychotherapy and coaching for individuals and couples on sexuality and gender issues, intimacy, relationships and life transitions.
Molly also offers workshops, continuing education trainings, and professional consultations for clinicians. She offers trainings on LGBTQ+ issues, sexuality and sex positive cultural competency in mental health.
Molly attended The George Washington University where she received a BA in Psychology and Women’s Studies cum laude. She was the recipient of the Award for Outstanding Work in Women’s Studies during her undergraduate career. Molly has a Master of Clinical Social Work from New Mexico Highlands University. Molly completed an MSW internship at University of New Mexico’s LGBTQ Resource Center and has volunteered with the Transgender Resource Center of NM Speaker’s Bureau.
In 2007, Molly co-founded Self Serve Sexuality Resource Center, New Mexico’s first and only sex-positive, health- and education-focused adult shop and resource center. Molly received the Tough Cookie Award in 2008 from National Association of Women Business Owners NM.
Some of the places Molly has presented include Harvard Medical School, Tufts University, University of New Mexico, New Mexico Highlands University, Lovelace Hospital, Southwestern College, the New Mexico Conference on Aging, and the National Association of Social Workers New Mexico Conference.
- 2015-2017 served as co-chair of National Association of Social Workers New Mexico LGBT Task Force
- Currently serves on the AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists) Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) committee working towards centering racial justice and equity in the sexual health fields.
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT)
- AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
- Board Certified Sexologist with American College of Sexology